n+1 is looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, and meticulous Sales Director to work full time in our Brooklyn office. Health benefits are included and salary is commensurate with experience.
This position covers a range of responsibilities, including managing front-end sales, fulfillment, invoicing, and bookkeeping tasks, as well as collaborating with the office staff on grant writing, fundraising, and event planning. The goals of the Sales Director are to increase the reach of n+1 magazine, expand distribution of n+1 and Paper Monument books, and build relationships with new vendors while strengthening those already in place.
Ours is a small, open office of four that values clear, considerate communication and rewards enthusiasm and self-motivation. An attentive email manner is a must, as is a high level of organization. Applicants should be familiar with n+1’s projects and be willing to participate in the day-to-day work of making and sustaining a small magazine. There’s a robust community around the organization and we’re looking for someone eager to jump in and take part. Ideal applicants will have experience with sales and/or customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all merchandise sales, distribution, and shipment (including invoicing and collections)
- Tracking and maintaining all inventory
- Communicating with vendors and developing new and existing vendor relationships
- Managing subscriber inquiries and all other customer service queries via email
- Planning and staffing book fairs and other sales-promotional events
- Basic office management (restocking shipping materials and other necessary supplies)
- Collaborating with Marketing Associate on promotions, sales, and subscriber retention initiatives to promote a growing readership
- Assisting with grant writing, fundraising, events, and intern selection
Applicants must have:
- A conscientious and professional email manner
- A self-directed and organized working style
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for n+1’s projects and sensibility
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
n+1 is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.