n+1 is looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, and meticulous Production Manager to work full time in our Brooklyn office. Health benefits are included and salary is commensurate with experience. UPDATE: Please apply by 11:59 PM on October 10, 2018.
This position covers a range of responsibilities, including overseeing print production (coordinating copy-editors, fact-checkers, proofreaders, and printers); typesetting and assisting with digital design; selecting and managing interns; and collaborating with the office staff on grant writing, marketing, publicity, fundraising, events, and social media.
Ours is a small, open office of five that values clear, considerate communication and rewards enthusiasm and self-motivation. An attentive email manner is a must, as is a self-directed and organized working style. Applicants should be familiar with n+1’s projects and be willing to participate in the day-to-day work of making and sustaining a small magazine. There’s a robust community around the organization and we’re looking for someone eager to jump in and take part. Ideal applicants will have experience with copyediting, fact-checking, proofreading, and other editorial tasks, and/or fluency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing print production (coordinating copy-editors, fact-checkers, proofreaders, and printers)
- Digital design
- Selecting and managing interns
- Assisting with grant writing, marketing, publicity, fundraising, events, and social media
Applicants must have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Editorial or design experience (both strongly preferred)
- An attentive, professional email manner
- A self-directed and organized working style
- Familiarity with (and enthusiasm for) n+1’s projects and sensibility
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to ProductionManager@nplusonemag.com.
n+1 is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.