Subscribe to get n+1 founding editor Keith Gessen’s new novel, A Terrible Country, for only
Print + Digital
One year of print and digital access to n+1.
Plus 50% off A Terrible Country.
Praise for A Terrible Country
- “A cause for celebration: big-hearted, witty, warm, compulsively readable, earnest, funny, full of that kind of joyful sadness I associate with Russia and its writers. Gessen’s particular gift is his ability to effortlessly and charmingly engage with big ideas—power, responsibility, despotism of various stripes, the question of what a country is supposed to do for the people who live in it—while still managing to tell a moving and entertaining human story. At a time when people are wondering whether art can rise to the current confusing political moment, this novel is a reassurance, from a wonderful and important writer.”
—George Saunders, Man Booker Prize-winning author of Lincoln in the Bardo
- “Gessen is a master journalist and essayist, as well as a storyteller with a scary grasp on the human heartstrings, and A Terrible Country unites the personal and political as only the best novels do.”
—Elif Batuman, author of The Idiot and The Possessed
What You Get
- Access to the complete magazine archive, including back issues
- New issues of n+1 before they’re available in print
- Print issues sent to your home ($14.95 at the bookstore)
- A copy of A Terrible Country for only $13—half off!— shipped to you immediately on publication (July 10, 2018)
- Free admission to parties and events